Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Important Server Idea

Go down 
+4
Nirvana620
dalerawks
Dark Templar
Lorin-Slasher
8 posters

Should we put up Haks on the server?
Yes
Important Server Idea Vote_lcap79%Important Server Idea Vote_rcap
 79% [ 11 ]
No
Important Server Idea Vote_lcap7%Important Server Idea Vote_rcap
 7% [ 1 ]
Undecided
Important Server Idea Vote_lcap14%Important Server Idea Vote_rcap
 14% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 14

AuthorMessage
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

Important Server Idea Empty
PostSubject: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:30 pm

Me, Hiro, Ryu and Shink were talking in Party chat and we came up with an idea.

If we put in Haks into the server, it'll enhance it greatly...

Plus it will weed out people who aren't SERIOUS about playing in the server.

I was recently told that 2 people logged in under... *ahem* stupid names.

EX: Bob the Builder, Vincent Valentine.
Meaning there's people who just want to ^%$# around instead of have fun RPing in an excellent server.

Putting up/acquiring these haks would PROVE that Players are serious about playing.
Back to top Go down
Dark Templar

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:33 pm

At the same time, however, it has the possibility of decreasing our playerbase due to the fact that not many people are willing to download and install the haks, but want to still check out the server. Not everyone is blessed with a 200GB hard drive.

But at the moment, I'm withholding my vote.
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:36 pm

Hm, that is a problem regarding the low hard-drive space...

But still... Everyone's opinion is appreciated.

It may actually help make the Server a better place.
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

dalerawks

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:38 pm

I vote yes.... ake it easier on us builders who want accuracy.... I want guns and stuph for my Al-Bhed + oriental lacables and such..... CEP and 1.69 is great.... but some real FF flavored haks like the Gunblade Hak, Buster Sword Hak, Brotherhood Sword HAk....... would all be appreciated I think.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana620

Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:53 pm

I think we need it........Makes it more cooler and also...fishes out the the losers.....
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Well it'll the the Moderator's call for the haks. This vote is to show if WE, the PEOPLE, want it.
Back to top Go down
Dark Templar

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:03 pm

It would be nice if we could get the opinions of the average players who are probably not registered on these forums to begin with. >.>
Back to top Go down
Braska

Braska

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 4:08 pm

this is a very risky move. Making it "cooler" and more like FFX would be a huge improvement but then again you play the loyalty game and have the risk of the playerbase going way down. Jecht and I have discussed this before and agreed that we want the playerbase to first get to a comfortable, good number before ever implementing other haks besides 2.1 cep. But yes, this could very well happen in the future.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 6:44 am

My opinion is, not yet. But! doesen't mean forever we should wait a while and gather a dedicated player base before we go the haks set besides is there any haks that would really make a difrance? Guns are nice but aren't really needed since most of the spira despises machina and their use...Think everyone would throw out machina users in their village.
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

dalerawks

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 8:03 am

My Al Bhed is a machinest...... and eventually I want him unloading clips and not using a sissy rapier.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 11:01 am

Is there even any good haks that would fit? I think d20 would be just overly much and not really fitting the server either just the guns seem a waste silent
Back to top Go down
Nirvana620

Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:18 am

Yes it would weed out idiots. For example i got harrased by some ass....He was being weird...and also like a rapeist! He kept calling me his older brother and stuff...but he got a ban from Jecht (Yay) he was jsut flat out creepy....but maybe later we can add Haks...they can kick out idiots on the server.
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

dalerawks

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:45 am

I have a 300 kb gun hak I am play testing and thier ARE others besides D20's....... whitch is very broken in some aspects. tongue

Machina.... it is a staple in FFX so eventually Haks are gonna be needed for Bikanel..... even with CEP and 1.69 Bikanel is a Machina hotspot.... and I wanted to build it too..... any ideas? PM me.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:03 am

dalerawks wrote:
I vote yes.... ake it easier on us builders who want accuracy.... I want guns and stuph for my Al-Bhed + oriental lacables and such..... CEP and 1.69 is great.... but some real FF flavored haks like the Gunblade Hak, Buster Sword Hak, Brotherhood Sword HAk....... would all be appreciated I think.

as a former builder myself FF1 mod team i to vote yes because it helps those who are serious and assists scripters and builders. So i vote yes for a strictly technical basis
Back to top Go down
Braska

Braska

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 9:19 am

Nirvana620 wrote:
Yes it would weed out idiots. For example i got harrased by some ass....He was being weird...and also like a rapeist! He kept calling me his older brother and stuff...but he got a ban from Jecht (Yay) he was jsut flat out creepy....but maybe later we can add Haks...they can kick out idiots on the server.

You mean by Braska >.>
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 10:21 am

So everyone's saying YES to the Haks.

But we're not putting them in IMMEDIATELY.

I completely understand that. ^_^
Get the Dedicated Playerbase up before adding haks.

Well you got one more to add to that database. (Me! cheers )
Back to top Go down
Nirvana620

Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeFri Aug 08, 2008 3:26 pm

Braska wrote:
Nirvana620 wrote:

You mean by Braska >.>

He came back a 2nd time when you were gone....you kicked him the first time......then Jecht Banned him. Smile
Back to top Go down
Prvt. Bob

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:36 am

I am in full support of Haks (had to download then to get on as it is). They can be intimidating to some, but like people have said, it will weed out the non-hardcore types. It will limit the player base, but it will make the ones that are here more personal in a sense.

To somebody's comment about d20 Modern being broken, I cannot agree with you more. After trying it out for a few mods, it was more annoying to play than anything. But I am a fan of the content, it just needed to be executed better.

Guns in FF-X is a stable to the cannon material. Hell, guns have been in the FF line of games from WAY back! I know they have been in since FF-4 (That is the U.S. version of 2). It may not have been personal guns, but the Red Wings and the other vehicles had cannons. But in this game, no guns = no al bed. Not very FF-X.

One set of tools that is more client side that I have played with (as a player not builder) is the SIMTools. Very fun. Not sure how it would interact with what you have here. Just adding my opinions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Important Server Idea   Important Server Idea Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Important Server Idea
Page 1 of 1