Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Server turned party PvP?

Go down 
+4
Lorin-Slasher
Nocturne Zine
Hasmiel
Akai'zhar
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

Server turned party PvP? Empty
PostSubject: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:32 am

I thought if this was possible, this way black mages could cast spells from the back without harmin their friends. What do you think? silent
Back to top Go down
Hasmiel

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:43 am

I like the idea of being able to cast sleep and not sleep your comrades and able to shoot off a fireball without sending your party to the farplane.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne Zine

Nocturne Zine

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:34 pm

This reminds of an incident during an event, we were fighting this big sinscale or w/e and some mage mindlessly spammed a Will spell at the area. Poor low-willed fighters Razz
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 9:37 pm

It has it's ups and downs people can cast things mindlessly but atleast they can cast something of area effect spells.
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 2:30 am

Recently in Kilika, Ria sent a Sound-wave spell at a Bee... hit ME instead.

Poor Renny was stunned.
Back to top Go down
Prvt. Bob

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 9:41 am

The question is: How true to the cannon material do you want to be?

In the FF-X game, area effect spells never hurt the party members unless they were confused, and being cast by the confused person. Or if you were an evil player, you just target your spells at your other characters, but that is for another story.

I like the concept of no friendly fire. But it will take away from the strategic side of the game. Placement is everything in a 3-D game. Not like back in the day when the heroes were on one side of an imaginary line and the monster were on the other. You run up halfway and blast them and run back in line with your friends. Almost like a game of dodgeball. Oh well. My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Falith

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 27, 2008 5:14 pm

Note:

..you can't hurt other people...

but you can hurt yourself ^_^.
Back to top Go down
Prvt. Bob

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 10:57 am

Still, it is all a matter or playing style. Do you want more of a FF theme fighting where you can do the major area effects and not hurt friends, or do you want a more "realistic" (and I use the term loosely) and have it where area effect spells actually hurt everything inside the kill zone?
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 11:55 am

we tried it full pvp yash killed everyone....... >.> myself twice
Back to top Go down
Tanerus_Vilrath

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 10:49 am

I must concur in this, especially in those spells that will just obliterate people otherwise. Low level spells not so much, but high level ones [stonehold, creeping doom, fire storm, sunbeam, weird, wail, even storm of vengeance and implosion?]

I see this as an eventual problem, party pvp makes sense more than full pvp if you were to ask me. That's my two cents.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Server turned party PvP?   Server turned party PvP? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Server turned party PvP?
Page 1 of 1