Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Godmodding?

Go down 
+7
Lorin-Slasher
Akai'zhar
DM Jecht
deleted
Zombie-Apple
Braska
Avalon
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
deleted

Godmodding? - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 5:59 am

Fighter wrote:
Sekander wrote:
Fighter wrote:
Akai'zhar wrote:
Yet that's not part of the official rules and using anything that's not in the rules is cheating.

thats not at all remotely against the rules infact it uses the rules to the letter. It is an attack that can be countered by str or dex, and to be fair it is qa legit attack in rp and rl if you got a guy with a gun and you can get him in a hold preventing him from firing and you dont rushing him with a knife instead to do non lethal damage your screwed. So my grapples and punches are 100% legit it says nothing about me having to let go unless they counter it.

I understand where you're coming from, but my main criticism is that by these grappling rules of yours, a mage could be level 40, you could be level 1, and you would win by default if you get in close because str is not a mage stat. lol It's not enough for you that we only get like 5 spells to cast per battle which you can use physical defence to negate, which runs counter to final fantasy itself, you don't even want us to be able to cast them. lol!

Militarily speaking you destroy the threat using any means possible. this is no different in a world where a level 14 mage can kill a level 100 fighter in seconds you need to do anything you can to end the threat. just keep in mind if you have a weakness your enemy WILL exploit it. If i get close you die but if i dont i die. So its suicide to not make you fight on my terms.

Heck, militarily speaking, you should know that most fights never involve close range combat. In most wars, a majority of the deaths come from sniping and long range fire. And even if we're talking about non-modern times, like say when there was no gunpowder, soldiers weren't running up to each other and trying to grapple, they were usually using weapons for close combat. And a fighter would not be in his right mind if he tried to grapple someone instead of trying to stab, slash or decapitate, because it leaves him vulnerable to attacks from other enemies, and doesn't allow him to quickly move on to the next enemy, but instead ties him up trying to disable just one guy out on the battlefield with an unarmed grab move LOL

That and grappling doesn't seem even close to the paralysis that is required for a mage to lose a turn casting. So unless you have a weapon to silence or paralyze, I don't think you should be able to so easily dispatch a mage. And think about it, even in FFIV, someone can cast a spell with 90% of their body turned to stone LOL, so it might not be that easy Fighter. Laughing I would be all for you silencing me with a magemasher though, or a silence attack which is in ffx but costs MP to use. Just a few thoughts.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:12 am

Sekander wrote:
Fighter wrote:
Sekander wrote:
Fighter wrote:
Akai'zhar wrote:
Yet that's not part of the official rules and using anything that's not in the rules is cheating.

thats not at all remotely against the rules infact it uses the rules to the letter. It is an attack that can be countered by str or dex, and to be fair it is qa legit attack in rp and rl if you got a guy with a gun and you can get him in a hold preventing him from firing and you dont rushing him with a knife instead to do non lethal damage your screwed. So my grapples and punches are 100% legit it says nothing about me having to let go unless they counter it.

I understand where you're coming from, but my main criticism is that by these grappling rules of yours, a mage could be level 40, you could be level 1, and you would win by default if you get in close because str is not a mage stat. lol It's not enough for you that we only get like 5 spells to cast per battle which you can use physical defence to negate, which runs counter to final fantasy itself, you don't even want us to be able to cast them. lol!

Militarily speaking you destroy the threat using any means possible. this is no different in a world where a level 14 mage can kill a level 100 fighter in seconds you need to do anything you can to end the threat. just keep in mind if you have a weakness your enemy WILL exploit it. If i get close you die but if i dont i die. So its suicide to not make you fight on my terms.

Heck, militarily speaking, you should know that most fights never involve close range combat. In most wars, a majority of the deaths come from sniping and long range fire. And even if we're talking about non-modern times, like say when there was no gunpowder, soldiers weren't running up to each other and trying to grapple, they were usually using weapons for close combat. And a fighter would not be in his right mind if he tried to grapple someone instead of trying to stab, slash or decapitate, because it leaves him vulnerable to attacks from other enemies, and doesn't allow him to quickly move on to the next enemy, but instead ties him up trying to disable just one guy out on the battlefield with an unarmed grab move LOL

Although I suppose it is different in a non-death match, where you're trying not to kill the other person, but then weapons and magic don't rly have a place in that sort of fight, since they are supposed to deal lethal damage. Although you're right, some funny things could probably be done, like ice on the ground, or sleep/toad if a mage had the spell. *casts toad and grapples Fighter* "Muaha"

That and grappling doesn't seem even close to the paralysis that is required for a mage to lose a turn casting. So unless you have a weapon to silence or paralyze, I don't think you should be able to so easily dispatch a mage. And think about it, even in FFIV, someone can cast a spell with 90% of their body turned to stone LOL, so it might not be that easy Fighter. Laughing I would be all for you silencing me with a magemasher though, or a silence attack which is in ffx, which costs MP to use. Just a few thoughts.

Yeah well...................................................................................I like swords........ bounce
Back to top Go down
deleted

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 7:20 am

oh ok, it all makes sense now What a Face
Back to top Go down
Zombie-Apple
Admin
Zombie-Apple

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 11:39 am

Your signature, Fighter. It needs to die. Red Mage = NO BOOBS.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:56 pm

Zombie-Apple wrote:

just proof again of something made better with the addition of boobs
Back to top Go down
Zombie-Apple
Admin
Zombie-Apple

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 8:52 pm

Fighter wrote:
Zombie-Apple wrote:

just proof again of something made better with the addition of boobs

Um no. Red Mage = Hot with a Cock.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godmodding?
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: :: Informational :: :: Technical Support & Questions-
Jump to: