Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Godmodding?

Go down 
+7
Lorin-Slasher
Akai'zhar
DM Jecht
deleted
Zombie-Apple
Braska
Avalon
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Avalon

Avalon

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:22 pm

What does this mean? o.o
Back to top Go down
Braska

Braska

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 12:24 pm

It means going around acting high and mighty when you really aren't. Acting like youre the "God" of the server and can take anything on. Ppl have common sense for a reason and we want to see ppl use it.
Back to top Go down
Zombie-Apple
Admin
Zombie-Apple

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:26 pm

Aka munchkinism.

"I AM THE BLESSED OF LADY YUNALESKA AND I ROCK SO HARD THAT THE YEVONITES WANT MY PENIS EVEN MORE THAN YEVON'S!"

...etc.
Back to top Go down
deleted

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:45 pm

Hey! That was gonna be my bio
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Avalon

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 1:58 pm

meh people really do that? o.O
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 5:15 pm

Some people do... which is sad
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 01, 2008 6:15 pm

It's not bad if your character is actually ''Acting '' to be high and mighty, it's more like if a character does something that he couldn't normally as a character of his level, take for example have an alter ego that destroys everything and anything on its path, such things are concidered god modding Rping on abilities you don't have. Well atleast without DM consent.
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeSat Aug 02, 2008 12:41 pm

Ugh, God-modders are such nuisances... X_X
We deal with them all the time in other RP Sites.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 9:13 am

Question on this topic. Fighter grabed a mage this mage rolled a very lucky draw and beat a str rol by 1 then does 1 damage by poking him in the neck. Now he demanded i make a con and fort roll because i was gonna have my windpipe crushed. Small problem i have 3 times the strength over twice the hp and double the con of this tiny mage. I decided to laugh cus its only 1 damage but he got all pissy and we got into a huge drawn out fight that ended with my friend pking him while i went to go cool off. So heres the question.

Is it god moding for a mage to demand he can drop a fighter twice his level 3 times his stength and double his hp with a single finger poke doing 1 damage?

Godmodding? Dawn_of_Souls_by_ursus327
A long time ago on a console far far away...
Back to top Go down
Nocturne Zine

Nocturne Zine

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 10:29 am

Well, for the dicebag rule's sake, I do think that is a bit ridculous. Keep in mind that RP PvP is a mutual agreement; if he or she doesnt want to fight, they have the choice not to. Technically I think the mage shouldnt be able to 'crush your windpipe' with 1 damage, and call out to make a con/fort roll. (Asking a pure fighter build to make a fort roll is like asking Warren Buffett how much money he's got.) The fact that the PvP system is only limited to the dicebag rules, he's got no absolute power to call DC checks without DM's permission. ("omg i hit your leg, DC 86 to see if you can stand")

My thoughts for other players:
But then again, there's that notion that having the highest level, maxed out stats, and gear on the server instantly makes you god/1337 above other characters. Players should beware about this because it could first off make your character behave out of character, and could just make a server full of egotistical buttholes. Unless your character was made to be a conceited and arrogant jerk, don't let your levels/gear get in the way of your character's persona. If continued, people will hate you and you'll get bitched at by Zombie rabbit

Remember folks, this is suppose to be an RP server.
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

dalerawks

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 2:52 pm

Yey..... God Mod, and I will ignore you.... and I have been known to walk right through "epic battles" and not give a flying frack.
God mod and in my mind..... you cease to exist.
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 3:12 pm

Normally I just kill god-modders to prove how insignificant they really are.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 6:06 pm

Lorin-Slasher wrote:
Normally I just kill god-modders to prove how insignificant they really are.

funny you mention that cus i did end up pking the guy, i even gave him 6 warnings if you dont wanna get killed tell me he mocked me and said he didnt care so he got it by the time i got back to the pc cus i wanted to go cool off my friend had already pked him like 7 times. funny part is he never said no XD btw jaric did this not me im the fighter geting poked.
Back to top Go down
deleted

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 04, 2008 7:44 pm

Well technically speaking Fighter, you should probably still be level 3 or 4. Same with my character. Kilika doesn't even have creeps and we're lvl 8/9. In ffx, you would never gain the equivalent to a level in that opening area.

That and idk how you resist magic with physical evade (dex) or physical block (str) in an ff game, but for now that's the rules for this server. Technically you'd roll an int or wis check to resist his magic, since those are magic attributes, which you should be weak in, being a fighter and all Wink Otherwise, pvp with the dice rules only works in a meleer's favor, considering casters are forced to block your attacks with their weakest attributes, while you're not.

Just a thought.
Back to top Go down
Hasmiel

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 12:41 am

Technically...there was no levels in FFX...just sphere movements...and if we dont get the ability to seperate int/wis and Str/dex for magic maybe have it so that fighters in a "team" can block for mages and mages can put up magical barriers to compensate for each other?
Back to top Go down
deleted

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 1:13 am

Yeah, I'm not sure either really. All I meant was that in the opening area around besaid in ffx it's barely possible to gain a sphere level, let alone anything that would resemble a level up with a lot of extra HP and stats, since those creeps are so weak. But idk what lvl 40 in NWN would be the equivalent to on this server, it hasn't really been specified, so you have a point.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 7:46 am

Ways for a melee to defense against magic.

1. Deflect the spell by blocking it with a blade or sheild. I.E. A ice spike is hurled at fighter and he uses brute force to bash it away

2. Absorb the impact or effects of the spell with a weapon or sheild. I.E. have the sword absorb the impace from a incoming fire spell

Cons to melee fighting spells with brute force

1. And i can not stress this enough, METAL CONDUCTS ELECTRCITY! >.< wearing metal armor and swords shoudl amplify and even atract electrical spells.

2. Any mage whos smart will realize two sad facts. If they get close they can just get grabed and put in a head lock game over. HOWEVER a smart mage can use magic indirectly to achive victory. I.E. Flash freezing the ground to remove the fights advantage to get close then burning walls of fire to prevent him from jumping forward.

So really in a fight even with me using my str vs your seplsl you still have a huge advantage, however keep in mind i can swing my sword for hours you can only cast X amount of spelsl in a fight then your dead.

In the end its all about how you rp your attacks and technique!

That and who can use sword-chucks better.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 10:50 am

In the end it's just about the dice fight rules which are lacking and i think source of much more arguments when it comes to fighting others.
Back to top Go down
deleted

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 05, 2008 5:03 pm

Fighter wrote:

Any mage whos smart will realize two sad facts. If they get close they can just get grabed and put in a head lock game over.

If you were a Monk and could do some serious damage with your hands and fists, I'd understand, but I don't see why you would risk an attack trying to head lock a mage rather than stab him in the chest or try to slash one of his arms off. The sword seems so many levels beyond the amateurish fist fighting you see in the UFC. If this were ffiv, I'd frog you and step on you for saying that! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:22 am

Sekander wrote:
Fighter wrote:

Any mage whos smart will realize two sad facts. If they get close they can just get grabed and put in a head lock game over.

If you were a Monk and could do some serious damage with your hands and fists, I'd understand, but I don't see why you would risk an attack trying to head lock a mage rather than stab him in the chest or try to slash one of his arms off. The sword seems so many levels beyond the amateurish fist fighting you see in the UFC. If this were ffiv, I'd frog you and step on you for saying that! Very Happy

Ive found submission moves work well in dice fights if you can force a enemy to fight on a level where you have complete supremacy you win. EXAMPLE if i grab black mage and put him in a full nelson hes left with no spells and has to try and slip or force the hold to end. If i slash him he can take the hit then respond with a spell.

a reworking of the dice system would be good but for now it kinda works.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 6:38 am

Yet that's not part of the official rules and using anything that's not in the rules is cheating.
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 8:01 am

Akai'zhar wrote:
Yet that's not part of the official rules and using anything that's not in the rules is cheating.

thats not at all remotely against the rules infact it uses the rules to the letter. It is an attack that can be countered by str or dex, and to be fair it is qa legit attack in rp and rl if you got a guy with a gun and you can get him in a hold preventing him from firing and you dont rushing him with a knife instead to do non lethal damage your screwed. So my grapples and punches are 100% legit it says nothing about me having to let go unless they counter it.
Back to top Go down
deleted

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 1:28 pm

Fighter wrote:
Akai'zhar wrote:

thats not at all remotely against the rules infact it uses the rules to the letter. It is an attack that can be countered by str or dex, and to be fair it is qa legit attack in rp and rl if you got a guy with a gun and you can get him in a hold preventing him from firing and you dont rushing him with a knife instead to do non lethal damage your screwed. So my grapples and punches are 100% legit it says nothing about me having to let go unless they counter it.

I understand where you're coming from, but my main criticism is that by these grappling rules of yours, a mage could be level 40, you could be level 1, and you would win by default if you get in close because str is not a mage stat. lol It's not enough for you that we only get like 5 spells to cast per battle which you can use physical defence to negate, which runs counter to final fantasy itself, you don't even want us to be able to cast them. lol!
Back to top Go down
Fighter

Fighter

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 06, 2008 4:14 pm

Sekander wrote:
Fighter wrote:
Akai'zhar wrote:

I understand where you're coming from, but my main criticism is that by these grappling rules of yours, a mage could be level 40, you could be level 1, and you would win by default if you get in close because str is not a mage stat. lol It's not enough for you that we only get like 5 spells to cast per battle which you can use physical defence to negate, which runs counter to final fantasy itself, you don't even want us to be able to cast them. lol!

Militarily speaking you destroy the threat using any means possible. this is no different in a world where a level 14 mage can kill a level 100 fighter in seconds you need to do anything you can to end the threat. just keep in mind if you have a weakness your enemy WILL exploit it. If i get close you die but if i dont i die. So its suicide to not make you fight on my terms.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 07, 2008 1:24 am

God modding is doing something your character couldn't do, we can say this same to the dice fight rules...Don't make rules up for them theres a DM doing that, it's majorly flawed granted but the server isn't about player vs player fights anyhow it shouldn't get overly complicated >_<
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Godmodding? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Godmodding?   Godmodding? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Godmodding?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: :: Informational :: :: Technical Support & Questions-
Jump to: