Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Custom Classes Poll

Go down 
+5
FrEaKsHoW
Avalon
Lorin-Slasher
Akai'zhar
DM Jecht
9 posters

Do you players, as a community want Custom Classes?
Yes
Custom Classes Poll Vote_lcap100%Custom Classes Poll Vote_rcap
 100% [ 16 ]
No
Custom Classes Poll Vote_lcap0%Custom Classes Poll Vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes : 16

AuthorMessage
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

Custom Classes Poll Empty
PostSubject: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:22 pm

Understand that yes these new custom classes would come with one of two things you would hate

1. DLing a new hakpak
2. A server vault wipe of all the characters

Understand that yeah the characters would be erased. but you still get to keep your character and the background and what not. And i know some will ask "Why cant we keep the character files". Well we could. but your character file would not be compatible with the new hakpak and new .tlk files that come with the hakpak and etc.

But i really think if we did the hakpak, you would feel like your in more of a sense of the world of Final Fantasy. I feel it would be a good addition.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 4:35 pm

Honestly i wouldn't mind.

Leveling is just time in the server it would give a reason to come online and do something else than stand around and wait, with a vault wipe we could fix a lot more things too server system wise.

The classes though is bit vague still, what exactly would we be getting?
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:16 pm

I dont mind losing my character levels but I AM concerned about losing my hard-earned equipment.

In fact, starting from level 5 will help me fix some mistakes I made with classes...

but I'll lose Kie in the process if I dont be a Ranger... TT_TT
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeTue Aug 25, 2009 11:20 pm

Whats in the custom classes exactly .oO
Back to top Go down
FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:20 pm

I dont care about lvls ect, but i dont really wanna loose my rp tokens:p its hard enough to get them as it is.
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:29 pm

You wont lose any rp tokens. at the time of the update, ill record the tokens you have and reimburse your tokens and Etc. trust me i wouldn't wipe your characters without giving back something like that. As for the gold. If you were able to buy the weapons now at your level. you can get the gold again. Levels and gold isn't hard on this server. So it really isn't something to complain about.
Back to top Go down
Seohyun

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 12:43 pm

I like the idea a lot. It'll feel like we're living in the final fantasy server instead of struggling to find out how our current NWN skills fit into the FF universe. Jecht said RP tokens will be given back, but how about abilites, classes, and ovredrives bought with those tokens?

P.S- Avalon, I love your portrait.
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 1:55 pm

Yes, that would stay too. like i said everything you had before would be given back. aside from EXP, Gold, and gear.
Back to top Go down
biuleco

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:22 pm

I don't mind, and I also think it's always good to come with innovations, even because NWN is one of the only games that gives builders and developers enough freedom to customiza the game in almost anyway you want. Also, more fitting to FF, as aforementioned.
Back to top Go down
killvalo

killvalo

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 2:51 pm

i really dun care. sounds cool.
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 4:01 pm

I dont wanna lose Kie though. He's become a part of my character.

Think you could fix up a Widget to fix that?
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeWed Aug 26, 2009 6:43 pm

Lorin-Slasher wrote:
I dont wanna lose Kie though. He's become a part of my character.

Think you could fix up a Widget to fix that?

Take that up to me in a PM. Something like that would require a custom widget.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 12:12 am

Are we going to have completly new classes or editing the old? if the old are edited rangers could be left with their companions.
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 5:55 am

Completely new classes.
Back to top Go down
FrEaKsHoW

FrEaKsHoW

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 6:28 am

can i just say in regards to the dragoon class then, i really dont think they should get the RDD stat bonuses:p they are really overpowerd in dice fights lol.
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 1:44 pm

FrEaKsHoW wrote:
can i just say in regards to the dragoon class then, i really dont think they should get the RDD stat bonuses:p they are really overpowerd in dice fights lol.

Well, if you think about it. Dragoons are very powerful people. very fast and very strong. But they arnt the most willed of the classes. yes they can dodge and block. but mind spells screw them over. it just takes a bit of strategy when it comes to certain classes.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeThu Aug 27, 2009 2:13 pm

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dragoon

I do think this is what the class is refered at, not dragons =x they just have similiar names and the skills are likely a ''fitting'' throw from the creator.
Back to top Go down
Seohyun

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeFri Aug 28, 2009 8:26 pm

Is there going to be a post or something where we can see what classes are going to be made and what prestige classes there will be. Like, nijna, dragoon, geomancer, summoner, etc etc?

Infact, we can use this.
http://www.ffcompendium.com/h/jobs.shtml

best FF site ever btw
Back to top Go down
Tempest

Tempest

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitimeSat Aug 29, 2009 2:06 am

A couple things if no one minds.

1. PLEASE put in the bard class, I knwo not many are going to use it, but I will for Fade/Liana.

2. I think its best not to restrict classes when gaining prestige levels, for example, I origanolly planed on Bard/Summoner, but now I plan on Bard/Geomancer. the three have little in common, but RP can change alot to make it make sense, so as long as soemoen has an RP reason for said class+lots of RP along with it, it should be fine.

3. are you going to make it so the NWN classes are nto available to choose, like at character creation? I have downloaded haks for servers with custom classes, and they didnt let you select the new classes till after character creation, which was dissapointing.

4. RDD in NWN/DND get + to stats upon certain levels, are there going to be any FF classes like that? Are they all going to get some sort of +, or are only soem going to get it, or noone at all?

Just a few things I thought should be brought up, thanks for your time. *Voted yes to custom calsses*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Custom Classes Poll   Custom Classes Poll Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Custom Classes Poll
Page 1 of 1