Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Empty
PostSubject: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:33 pm

I'm pretty sure others are feeling the way I am about this new rule.
Telling us that only Token Rangers can use Guns is like ordering us to waste our Gil.
I'm aware this rule is to maintain Balance but still. Having only Token Rangers use them (When there are NO Rangers of the sort) is a killjoy for having guns in the first place.

Seriously, people will STILL use guns when a DM's not looking so this rule would be pointless.
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:43 pm

Quote :
Seriously, people will STILL use guns when a DM's not looking so this rule would be pointless.

Then said people would be breaking rules Razz knowingly which is terrible. Now if theirs a problem with rule state the fact, you admit yourself that its there to balance out the dice system and then you move onto basically saying that its not a good rule because you like to use guns. Now then, let us break this down, to grind and fight is all well and games, but you haven't even clearly stated when you would use guns, when you ooc grind fine all and dandy, however in a dice fight why would a white mage be proficient enough to use a gun? its the same as watching a fighter stand up and use white magic it just wouldn't work, if thats whats bothering you im sure an arrangement can be made so you could have fun with guns outside of a dice fight, however inside, only The Ranger should be proficient enough to wield them in battle, dont you think? otherwise your asking for every class to have access to the benefits of other classes with none of the drawbacks
Back to top Go down
killvalo

killvalo

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:45 pm

it doesnt require you to pay tokens to use a ranger. if you mean your said you have to pick ranger at the get go instead of fighter or something well lets look at it:

You trying to use a gun, on a *insert random class here* is like a fighter trying to use magic.
or a black mage trying to heal people
or a paladin using black magic.

it's a skill, just like all those.
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:52 pm

... so I wasted my time....
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 4:55 pm

Not at all, it is never a waste of time to ask why something works, never be afraid to ask how or why, but do form a complete argument when you challenge something, a better chance people understand you and a better chance you would make a difference,

remember this is a test phase, if enough people dont like the rule feel free to suggest an alternative, remember to take into account everything that would need to be adjusted and then post it, if its better there is no reason it should not replace the old
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:00 pm

I was thinking that the character must have a RP REASON to use a Gun.

Ya gotta think about Ren here. He's travelled all over Spira and is a hardcore "Techy." He's GOTTA pick up a few skills.
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:05 pm

Lorin-Slasher wrote:
I was thinking that the character must have a RP REASON to use a Gun.

Ya gotta think about Ren here. He's travelled all over Spira and is a hardcore "Techy." He's GOTTA pick up a few skills.

Possibly, he could have picked up knowledge on how to use a weapon but he wouldn't have picked up the mastery needed to use such a weapon in a pressured situation such as a battle, a hobby is all well and as a mage Fox studies the theories of white magic, however he still doesn't divert his studies to it, should Ren focus his attention on ranged tech he should be a ranger, their another type of warrior no?
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:10 pm

... so you're forcing me to choose between Fighter and Ranger?
Back to top Go down
Avalon

Avalon

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:36 pm

Im not forcing you to do anything, tis simply another choice, you decided between Monk white mage ranger thief etc. you simply have to decide what you want and which fits you better
Back to top Go down
Lorin-Slasher

Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 5:49 pm

... I'm staying with Fighter...

still mad I can't use ranged attacks against hard-to-reach monsters.
Back to top Go down
DM Jecht
Admin
DM Jecht

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitimeMon Aug 24, 2009 10:04 pm

Lorin, i don't think you understand why i put the classes in the beginning of the server in the first place. Its so everybody chooses what class they want to be. You can branch out but you see.. there are balances for everything. In a dice fight, if you have the advantage of all classes, then whats the point of having set classes at all? Range have the specialty of using guns, mage's have the ability to use magic, melee have the ability to use melee weapons. Now a black mage can use a melee weapon, but would he be effective? No. Would a fighter be effective at using guns? No. That's not what they have mastered into.

When it boils down to it. The dice bag rules are for balancing out dice fights, so that nobody has a greater advantage over the other. Plus your talking about how the guns wouldnt be special if nobody could use them. Which is wrong because that makes them all the more valuable and special Class the Ranger is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)   Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Complaint about the new rule. (Regarding Token Rangers and Guns)
Page 1 of 1