HomeFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Let me know....

Go down 
AuthorMessage
DM Jecht
Admin

PostSubject: Let me know....   Sun Sep 07, 2008 3:44 pm

...Exactly what you want to see in the server. ill attempt to do the whole game, but id like to know what else you would like to see =]
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Sun Sep 07, 2008 8:41 pm

Dungeons?......The best work you want to do is fine. Aslong as it is back.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
acdcman75

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:34 am

(working on some now... I currently have something major going on, but when it's over you will have my full attention Very Happy)... we also want to make it logical, don't think sewers with rats or a crypt dungeon would make sense in Final Fantasy 10, you get the point... personally would like to see the Bevelle Labyrinth made Exclamation
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM Jecht
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Mon Sep 08, 2008 12:23 pm

acdcman75 wrote:
(working on some now... I currently have something major going on, but when it's over you will have my full attention Very Happy)... we also want to make it logical, don't think sewers with rats or a crypt dungeon would make sense in Final Fantasy 10, you get the point... personally would like to see the Bevelle Labyrinth made Exclamation

Oh god the Bevelle Cloister of Trials? T-T that would be wicked and hard lol
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Mon Sep 08, 2008 5:35 pm

Aslong as it is logical to FF 10, it will be cool. Because this server is based on FFX. For example, i was thinking when the server gets really big, we can make
a dungeon called "the ancient cavern" or something lke that....The dungeons can be based by lvls. You are not allowed to farm in them....etc, etc.

Oh.....Maybe to get in a dungeon you need to do a DM quest, or game quest leading to the dungeon. cyclops
So it would make RP sense. After the quest is finished, they will award everyone a key

Oh and maybe you can script simple quest? Like for low lvls to get from 3-5 they can like deliver messages and such, to get used to some areas of the server.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
acdcman75

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:29 pm

Yeah the Bevelle Cloister of Trials I hated I was sliding for 1-2 hours -_-

anyways everything is ok now!

and Nirvana that is a good idea, I put a key on the boss in the first area to get through the door to the second area so noone will run past him(the second will probably be you go through a door that leads into another door, but if you go back that way you pop through to another not the entrance, kind of like FF7's desert prison, only way I can explain it), but a RP key to get there would be nice, and make the entrance where noone can find it easy

question, how hard should the monsters be??? or do i leave that to Dale?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:55 pm

acdcman75 wrote:

and Nirvana that is a good idea, I put a key on the boss in the first area to get through the door to the second area so noone will run past him(the second will probably be you go through a door that leads into another door, but if you go back that way you pop through to another not the entrance, kind of like FF7's desert prison, only way I can explain it), but a RP key to get there would be nice, and make the entrance where noone can find it easy

Yea leave it for Dale, he does all the monsters. (That is what i think)..If this is the first dungeon, i think it should be like lvl 12-20.
Really, like at the end the boss can drop random loot (like in WoW) Which may increase the intrest of being a good RPer to get into the dungeons, because you need to RP in a proper manner then you can get the key to the dungeon....Oh and in Bevelle...If we ever make a dungeon or something for Bevelle, I belive the area in the entrance to the academy (the white green house thing) sould be the entrance for it....

....I am getting lots of ideas from my proffesors....since most of them play NWN, i got a few essays to write a story about a server you play on >.>....But it was fun....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM Jecht
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Tue Sep 09, 2008 3:47 am

acdcman75 wrote:

In all honesty i believe Dale left us. *Shrugs* so ill be doing most the work again.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falith

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:54 pm

Let's see, starting areas okay, but more variety with enemies...

Make shopkeepers, townguards (to kill anything that people might flee) And make them PLOT or invincible or whatever.

if not the gem system, more ff items

Sprint shoes! (Expedious retreat)

Running shoes (haste)

power fist (actually I think that's from chronotrigger... another good game) (+1 str, +2 str, +3 str)

genji gloves (Give improved two-handed fighting, two handed fighting/ambidexterity)

Water sword (...more than one person had to have had a water sword)

Halberds, and other weapons that haven't been included
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Tue Sep 09, 2008 4:15 pm

I hate Dale...>.> ARG...I mEAN ARG.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Tue Sep 09, 2008 5:25 pm

If you no longer have any DM's when the server comes back, I can be a trial DM for a bit.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DM Jecht
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Tue Sep 09, 2008 7:21 pm

Nirvana620 wrote:
If you no longer have any DM's when the server comes back, I can be a trial DM for a bit.

I'll consider bringing a couple DM's. doing a couple trials and give DM's lessons on how to use the widgets and etc.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:41 pm

DM Jecht wrote:
Nirvana620 wrote:

I'll consider bringing a couple DM's. doing a couple trials and give DM's lessons on how to use the widgets and etc.

I know most of lessons, because i took DM 101...Read several manuals and DMed once for a LOTR server (Don't ask plz?)......Yea this is about over 2 years.

But I am not sure about the widgets.

Also I know i am a loser for playing and DMing a LOTR server.....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Wed Sep 10, 2008 4:48 pm

Oh yea, and the alignment should be fixed. (Jecht if you want to do it, it's in the link I sent you)
Back to top Go down
View user profile
DS

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:23 pm

My first suggestion is custom, scripted moves and techniques. Black Mages, for example, could find or buy the spell Bio, and with rare chance, Meteor, etc.

The Dungeon idea is good when there aren't any DMs on. I was thinking of something like the one in FFX-2 that is virtually endless and new challenges can be done as your level increases.

As for playable races, I know this was mentioned earlier, but being allowed to play fiends and various other beings might be interesting. It is quite understandable that the DMs want to have the PCs as not being antagonists though.

For Summoners: If they want a custom summon that doesn't belong to any of general ones in any of the series (i.e. Valefor, Ifrit, Shiva, etc), perhaps through a token system - with enough being spent - you are allowed to sent out your idea for one.

And for something REALLY out there, I had an idea for Blitzball. Upon entering a circular, waterfilled arena, there could be a script that equips each character with flying, and without wings, so it would look like they're swimming in the water. I also know there is a golden sphere cep accessory that can be used as a blitzball. That idea is a just a start. It will be much harder to script something that will look like shooting a ball into a goal or performing various tricks.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
killvalo

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:36 pm

1) Dungeons
2) More monsters/weapons
3) Shopkeepers that enchant your weapons for you, when you buy them..... Check out the dothack server to see what i mean. *Is on a stupid laptop, that whenever he's close to being done explaining, it goes back to the last page, erasing what he's typed*
4) ICECREAM!!!!! Razz Razz Razz cheers cheers king
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Thu Sep 11, 2008 3:58 pm

I kinda don't like the starting system for Dothak. I don't know why, but it is sooo limited.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
dalerawks

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Thu Sep 11, 2008 6:26 pm

MIA.... hmmm... Hated becuase the server DM PW changed, PB died, and I dont build cuz my areas lack the perspective required for this server... gee.. thanks a whole fucking lot. scratch *sighs* Whatever....
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Nirvana620

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:41 pm

Gee sorry Dale, i was just pissed.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Falith

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Fri Sep 12, 2008 3:37 am

There's a dothack server? Or do you mean the one that went down?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
biuleco

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Fri Sep 12, 2008 4:06 pm

*also, spams pokes to see if anyone else is alive >.>*
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Akai'zhar

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Sun Sep 14, 2008 5:07 pm

Blitzball could be done, possibly look the vault for football or other sort of minigame to add in nwn, after all with nwn you can do basically anything Razz

Aaand still waiting x.x
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Lorin-Slasher

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   Mon Oct 06, 2008 2:57 pm

I wish I could be of assistance even though I have no internet and I'm limited to 1 hour a day at these Library computers...

But I could help come up with ideas on how to set up the Blitzball game.
Would you like my assistance? I'll check back tomorrow because my time is running out. (Or unless someone's online right now [which is unlikely.])
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Let me know....   

Back to top Go down

Let me know....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: :: OOC Lounge :: :: OOC & General Gossip-
Jump to: