Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

DM Battle Areas!

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nocturne Zine

Nocturne Zine

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 8:23 pm

Okay, so who here remembers that one boss fight in the Kilika Woods, where the encounter spawns kept on triggering? We had to be moved to another area so we can RP un-interrupted.

Here's an idea: Empty 2x2 areas, designed for each tileset, for DM-event/RP boss battles. No placables, but just a little terrain modifactions to help resemble the area they're fighting in. Music set to 'fighting music', on default. Just like in those FF games: the party is running around the area, the screen does that blurry motion stuff, and they're in that one fighting area. DM's can also prepare the area beforehand and teleport the party to the area. Instead of instaneously spawning an NPC that's set to guard/hostile in the blueprints and opennly attack players and/or other npcs.

RP-Boss fights and events go undisturbed. DM's have areas to prepare without having players walking in coincidence.
Back to top Go down
Nirvana620

Nirvana620

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 28, 2008 9:42 pm

Very intresting and cool....Yea...Then we can all stand in positions in dice battles like, FFX Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Falith

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 6:25 am

And you can even give it the boss battle music, spiffy~

...though that would hamper things if we were going to try to make use of the terrain.
Back to top Go down
Akai'zhar

Akai'zhar

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 8:20 am

Likely without placeables aswell, as much as i enjoy the graphic detail in areas they become very frustrating when trying to battle take for example Kilika silent

And they should be bit bigger like 5x5 or such.

The troubles i see with this would be the constant porting and what not if the DM wants to progress on the map aswell.
Back to top Go down
Nocturne Zine

Nocturne Zine

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 29, 2008 11:34 am

Akai'zhar wrote:
Likely without placeables aswell, as much as i enjoy the graphic detail in areas they become very frustrating when trying to battle take for example Kilika silent

And they should be bit bigger like 5x5 or such.

The troubles i see with this would be the constant porting and what not if the DM wants to progress on the map aswell.

Well this is only for battles, using that little dice bag system. There's only like 1 boss battle for an event so, usually when we're done fighting the boss it usually means the end of the event. As I have seen -.-
Back to top Go down
dalerawks

dalerawks

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 30, 2008 10:11 am

I like it.
GOOD IDEA! <---- *Dale is stoked about not having a crowded event area..*
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

DM Battle Areas! Empty
PostSubject: Re: DM Battle Areas!   DM Battle Areas! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DM Battle Areas!
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: :: OOC Lounge :: :: Suggestions & Complaints-
Jump to: